- This event has passed.
Landscape Performance Series: Making the Case for Sustainable Landscape Solutions
Tuesday, September 12 @ 5:30 pm-7:30 pmFree
PLEASE NOTE LOCATION CHANGE: This event is now being held at the Missouri Botanical Garden, Shoenberg Auditorium, 4344 Shaw Blvd. St. Louis MO 63110, United States + Google Map
FREE and OPEN to high school students and adults. Registration is required.
CLICK HERE to register!
5:30 p.m. Check-in and Networking (refreshments included)
6:15 p.m. Formal Presentation
Featured Speaker: Barbara Deutsch, Executive Director, Landscape Architecture Foundation
Understanding the environmental, social, and economic benefits of sustainable landscapes is essential for designers, developers, investors, and policymakers who influence land development and want better results. This session introduces and explores the concept of landscape performance and why it is critical to achieving sustainability and reaching key decision-makers. The Landscape Architecture Foundation presents an overview of the Landscape Performance Series, an online, interactive set of resources to help evaluate performance, show value, and make the case for sustainable landscape solutions. Learn how the Case Study Briefs, Benefits Toolkit, Fast Facts, and more can be used to evaluate and demonstrate the impact of projects and how you can be part of this growing online resource.
- Understand the concept of Landscape Performance and why it is critical to achieving sustainability.
- Understand how demonstrating Landscape Performance is critical to reaching key decision-makers.
- Learn about resources available in the Landscape Performance Series to show value, quantify benefits, and make the case for sustainable landscape solutions.
- Know how to access and submit projects, tools, and research to the online Landscape Performance Series database.
- Barbara Deutsch developed the Landscape Performance Series based on over 10 years of award-winning marketing experience with IBM and her subsequent career change and experience as a landscape architect. As CEO of the Landscape Architecture Foundation, Barbara speaks at national conferences such as Green Build, Eco Districts, ASLA, CELA, ULI, and other sustainable development organizations. She has taught a variety of courses at the University of Washington, George Washington University, and the Casey Trees Citizen Forester Program.
Submitted for approval of 1 GBCI CE Hour and 1 AIA LU/HSW
SPECIAL THANKS TO EVENT SPONSORS
Anova, E. J. Welch Company, Filtrexx LivingWall Division, and the Metropolitan St. Louis Sewer District!
Making the Case for Sustainable Landscape Solutions is a partnership presentation of The Academy of Science – St. Louis, the Missouri Botanical Garden, BiodiverseCity St. Louis, and the U.S. Green Building Council Missouri Gateway Chapter.