Mary Institute and Country Day School (MICDS)
FREE and OPEN to teachers and educators ONLY. Registration is required. Space is limited to 60 educators.
THIS EVENT IS NOW FULL! Currently accepting wait-list registrants. To be added to the wait-list for this event, CLICK HERE.
Featured Workshop Instructor: Elaine Ingham, Ph.D., founder, President and Director, Research for Soil Foodweb Inc.
Learn how to use microscopes to explore with Dr. Elaine Ingham some of the following questions:
- What organisms are present in the soil and/or on the foliage of your plants?
- Which organisms are beneficial and which ones are harmful to plants?
FREE and OPEN to ALL. Registration is required. CLICK “Find Out More” to register! Registration deadline is Thursday, October 26. Parking is FREE in the MICDS lot. CLICK HERE for campus map and detailed information on where to park.
6:00 PM – 7:00 PM Reception and Networking (includes refreshments)
7:00 PM – 8:00 PM Dr. Elaine Ingham Presentation
8:00 PM – 8:30 PM Q & A
Featured Speaker: Elaine Ingham, Ph.D., founder, President and Director, Research for Soil Foodweb Inc.
Join Dr. Elaine Ingham as she speaks on how to grow healthy plants while improving infiltration rates in your soil and water quality in our local streams. For landscaping and gardening enthusiasts, addressing scales of property from backyards to municipal holdings to corporate and institutional campuses.
- What organisms are present in the soil and on the foliage of your plants.
- How these organisms can be managed to grow healthy plants and minimize weed growth with the least expensive inputs into the system.
- How and why to reverse soil compaction, reduce soil erosion, and improve infiltration rates on your property.